The building is characterised by its iconic dome, the roof of the Hall of Memory, which was dedicated in 1959. Inside the dome is adorned by a stunning mosaic created by Napier Waller. Within this artwork black swans, waterlilies, bulrushes, the Southern Cross and a golden chain (linking earth to the spirit realm) all symbolise the journey of the fallen soldiers and their ascent to heaven.
- An artistic depiction of Napier Waller’s mosaic from the Australian War Memorial’s Hall of Memory
- Released to coincide with Anzac Day 2017
- Uncirculated version of the coloured circulating coin
- ‘C’ Mintmark not seen on the circulating edition
- Presented in a folded card with details about theartist and his mosaic