Ford began manufacturing in Australia in 1925 when Geelong was selected as the site for its first local factory. Creating thousands of jobs within Ford Australia and nurturing hundreds of local suppliers.
The effect of locally manufactured automobiles on our lives was significant – the daily lives of Australians were transformed in terms of how we arrived to work or social events, and how we explored our expansive country. As illustrated by the extreme popularity of other recent automotive-themed coin products, cars capture the imaginations of many collectors. The Mint has worked in close collaboration with Ford Australia to bring you this limited edition collection, which includes the rare Ford Australia,
The Manufacturing Era 1925 – 2016 uncirculated 50c coin.
Of the many Ford car models produced, eleven have been selected for The Ford Australian Classic Coin Collection;
- 1925 - 1928 Ford Model T,
- 1934 Ford Model 40 Ute,
- 1952 - 1959 Ford Mainline Coupe-Utility,
- 1960 - 1962 Ford Falcon XK,
- 1962 - 1967 Ford Cortina MKI,
- 1966 - 1968 Ford Falcon XR GT,
- 1970 - 1972 Ford Falcon XY GT-HO Phase III,
- 1971 - 1973 Ford Falcon XA,
- 1976 - 1979 Ford Fairlane ZH,
- 1978 Ford Falcon XC Cobra,
- 1982 - 1985 Ford Falcon XE
The special anniversary coin, as well as the limited edition Ford Australian Classic Collection tin, is only available when purchasing the collection in its entirety.
- Uncirculated coin in a presentation card with corresponding vehicle model information
- Presented in a retro-look limited edition tin with a Ford Australia timeline
- Special anniversary coin, only available in the set
- Limted to only 10,000 special edition 50c coin and limited special Tin