Over the years, the coins have celebrated the kangaroo’s presence in art, history and culture, with each release showing a new perspective of the nation’s special affinity with the animal.
Since 2016, the series has featured the Seasons Change set, documenting an Eastern Grey Kangaroo growing throughout the seasons. The 2016 coin, set during winter, featured a joey staying warm in her mother’s pouch. The spring months were depicted on the 2017 coin, seeing the young kangaroo grazing among the spring bloom with her mother.
In 2018, the grown animal was seen finding shade among the trees, waiting to see what the cycle of nature would have in store in the months ahead.
- The fourth and final release in the highly popular Seasons Change set, released annually since 2016
- One ounce of fine silver
- Finished to the Royal Australian Mint’s frosted uncirculated standard
- Coin’s reverse pictures a grown kangaroo with her own joey, as a sentimental conclusion to the story depicted in the previous three coins
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins
- Packaged on a presentation card